Disk lost partition

Any ideas, thoughts - not necessary related to Hard Disk Sentinel.
damianos_7

Disk lost partition

Post by damianos_7 »

Hello . I would like your help.
My external drive WD Black suddenly it lost the partition and I can't recover it with any program.
I connect the disk to my laptop with an usb adapter and power supply very rarely and it had about 150 days of operation and 100% health.
I tried the usb adapter and the power supply on another disk and it is ok.
While when I connect the disc to the laprop it sounds like it's working normally as it always did, now every 5 minutes it makes a continuous noise for 10 seconds and stops. The connection to the laptop is not lost, but it remains on an unallocated disk and without the possibility of preparing the disk in mbr or gpt, because when I connect it, it gives me the message to prepare it and when I try, I get the error message ''The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error''.
I am attaching 3 screenshot.
Thank you very much.
Attachments
Χωρίς τίτλο4.jpg
Χωρίς τίτλο4.jpg (326.35 KiB) Viewed 2976 times
Χωρίς τίτλο.png
Χωρίς τίτλο.png (75.56 KiB) Viewed 2976 times
Χωρίς τίτλο 1.png
Χωρίς τίτλο 1.png (82.25 KiB) Viewed 2976 times
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Disk lost partition

Post by hdsentinel »

Sorry to hear what happened with the disk drive.
Seems intereting, the images in your post are related to a very new hard disk drive (Start/stop count = 1, Power on hours = 3), not about a drive used for 150 days...

Not sure, but there may be issue with the USB adapter/converter if this drive is not working correctly with your system.
Without knowing the model/type of the USB adapter hard to say more but please note that older ones may not work properly with all drives, especially with 1 TB or larger hard disk drives (even if working with other drives).

I'd surely try a different USB adapter/dock or try connecting the drive directly to a SATA port just to verify if there is any difference.
You may try Disk menu -> Short self test in Hard Disk Sentinel, just to verify if the drive can perform this test (so generally working) and by the registered version, you can perform other tests too, exactly to verify the situation: reveal/stabilize any possible problems, see:

https://www.hdsentinel.com/faq.php#tests
damianos_7

Re: Disk lost partition

Post by damianos_7 »

Thank you very much for your advice and valuable help