C:\Program Files (x86)\Hard Disk Sentinel\HDSTest

Any ideas, thoughts - not necessary related to Hard Disk Sentinel.
otter

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hard Disk Sentinel\HDSTest

Post by otter »

I'd just like to understand what triggers certain disk events getting logged to C:\Program Files (x86)\Hard Disk Sentinel\HDSTest

In my case, I have a pair of mirrored Seagate Exos drives and noticed that it's logged at the exact same time on both of them they now have 8 bad sectors each. I see text files get written out to that path timestamped with the identical log event time.

The text files are labeled with the disk serial number and CHANGE. I'm curious if HDSentinel has a schedule of sorts that periodically runs a DST short test that get logged there?

or if that's just where certain SMART degradations get logged there?

I appreciate your help. Thanks!
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hard Disk Sentinel\HDSTest

Post by hdsentinel »

The new problem (new bad sectors in this case) triggers this in the registered (complete) version: when Hard Disk Sentinel detects a new issue (eg. new bad sectors), a such report automatically saved for reference.

No: by default no scheduled self test started (unless you configure a such scheduled disk testing with Hard Disk Sentinel Pro).
Hard Disk Sentinel checks the differences between the last known (previous) detected S.M.A.R.T. attributes and the most recent values - and if it detects a new problem (for example but not limited to increase in the count of bad sectors) then this file saved and also the log reflects the change.
otter

Re: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hard Disk Sentinel\HDSTest

Post by otter »

Understood. Sounds good. Thanks for the thoughtful explanation.