Aerca 1882i - Disk info for all arrays except one

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
TonyLeps

Areca 1882i - Disk info for all arrays except one

Post by TonyLeps »

First, Hard Disk Sentinel is fantastic and becoming quite essential. Thank you.

I am using an Areca 1882i, 2x Intel RES2SV240 expanders, to create 3x arrays:

RAID6 - 8 x 12TB (HGST HUH721212ALE600)
RAID6 - 7 x 14TB (WDC WUH721414ALE6L4)
RAID0 - 8 x 240GB SSDs *MKNSSDCR240GB-DX)

Both the 12TB and SSD arrays show all of the disks and their information. However the 14TB array shows up as a single disk.

To test, I deleted and recreated the SSD array and the 14TB arrays. SSD shows all, 14TB shows as one.

I also tried creating several types of arrays with the 14TB (0, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60) and all show up as a single drive. The only way to see the individual drives so far has been tor create passthrough devices for each drive.

I've also tried moving the arrays to the other expander.

HDD Sentinel can communicate with the controller and identify the drives of the other arrays. Is there a way to configure Hard Disk Sentinel to show the individual disks? Or some configuration on the controller I am missing? Or is this just something odd about these particular disks?

I'd like to resolve this before moving data in case I need to make a change to the array itself.

Thank you again!
Last edited by TonyLeps on 2023.02.12. 07:12, edited 2 times in total.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Aerca 1882i - Disk info for all arrays execpt one

Post by hdsentinel »

Sounds so interesting, generally all disks from all arrays should be detected and displayed of course.

Please open Configuration -> Send test report page where you can create and save a developer (test) report.

Please send this by e-mail to info (at) hdsentinel (dot) com address as then it is possible to check the actual situation, the "raw" response of the controller and verify/inspect what could be wrong - and how it would be possible to improve the situation.

If you have the opportunity, please create + save + send different reports with different configurations, eg. different arrays on the appropriate disk drives so then it is possible to check them, verify/compare. These can give ideas, thoughts about what could prevent the detection.
TonyLeps

Re: Aerca 1882i - Disk info for all arrays execpt one

Post by TonyLeps »

Thank you very much! I will do this and send the email shortly.