Error popup or message when HDD faults or disconnects

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
Lc001tr

Error popup or message when HDD faults or disconnects

Post by Lc001tr »

I have 50 HDD's installed.
Sometimes 1 hdd got disappeared.
But I don't get any errors on hdd sentinel, it doesn't warns me saying f: is disconnected..

Is there a way to do it ?
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Error popup or message when HDD faults or disconnects

Post by hdsentinel »

Hard Disk Sentinel standard and Pro versions do not issue alert if a drive disconnected / removed (or connected) just logs this event in the File menu -> Drive connection/removal event log.

The Enterprise Server can issue alert upon disk connection and/or removal now. As it is requested by other users, maybe a future Pro version can issue alert too in this case.
Lc001tr

Post by Lc001tr »

Thank you for reply. I am Pro user (family), registered under m..@yahoo.com.
So I use hdd sentinel for chia farming on win-10.
I have several suggestions for people like us, and I believe these are very easy thinks to do.
About status bar ; we cant see drives name (like c:\) when we dont use letter. (with many drives we use folders). So it would be nice to see drives name in status bar.
When drive faults or removed somehow it should be on the list but it should be red. (like fault situation)
also in status bar column with predefined column size would be nice. to see all OK column, drive names in same column.
hdd.png
hdd.png (467.35 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Last edited by Lc001tr on 2023.06.03. 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your ideas, thoughts.

Yes, currently the partition (drive letter) can be displayed in the Status Window.
Not sure, but can help: maybe you can add a comment to the drive(s) on the Overview page and this will be then added if you enable to display the comment too on the bottom of Configuration -> Status Windows page. This can help to identify the appropriate drive.

No, I'm afraid only online drives (which are connected) displayed. Removed/disconnected drives not displayed unless they configured to be displayed when they're offline: when the disk is offline, you can enable to display the drive (like if it was connected) with its last known status at File menu -> Open status of offline disks.

Maybe you can check which drive(s) regularly go offline at the File menu -> Drive connection/removal event log and inspect them: probably the connection and/or data/power cables can be in the background.

Thanks for your tip and suggestion about the display, will be considered in a future version.
Lc001tr

Post by Lc001tr »

Yes, currently the partition (drive letter) can be displayed in the Status Window.
Not sure, but can help: maybe you can add a comment to the drive(s) on the Overview page and this will be then added if you enable to display the comment too on the bottom of Configuration -> Status Windows page. This can help to identify the appropriate drive.
This is definitely good information for me.
No, I'm afraid only online drives (which are connected) displayed. Removed/disconnected drives not displayed unless they configured to be displayed when they're offline: when the disk is offline, you can enable to display the drive (like if it was connected) with its last known status at File menu -> Open status of offline disks.
Maybe you can check which drive(s) regularly go offline at the File menu -> Drive connection/removal event log and inspect them: probably the connection and/or data/power cables can be in the background.
This is also good info however I would like to use Status window to manage all connected HDDs. Like greens are ok connected- reds are disconnected. Win-10 with more then 20-30 drives really hard to manage whats is happening. Also If you consider doing this please also put default coloumn width for status window. (to see all data like %100 in same line)

Lastly, status window is not working after 50 drives. I believe there should be a max. 50 loop or something. I can see only 0-50.

Thank you for kind reply.
Last edited by Lc001tr on 2023.04.09. 18:09, edited 2 times in total.