New Seagate FireCuda 530 NVMe now 100+ errors @ 99% health?

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
offthegridexpert

New Seagate FireCuda 530 NVMe now 100+ errors @ 99% health?

Post by offthegridexpert »

I have two M.2 SSD's installed. One is the SK Hynix P31 which has been installed for years and remained at 100% health for over a year and has just recently switched from 100% health to 99%.

That's just fine.

The second NVMe is my newest. The higher-end Seagate FireCuda 530. It's only been installed just a couple weeks and has already dropped to 99% health. It also has over 250 error log entries of which I cannot find the logs for. Do you know where they might be? (Win11)

I know HDS says "perfect" but this drive is nearly new (<400hrs) and it already dropped to 99%

Should I be concerned with this? I only have 2 more weeks to be able to RMA this SSD, Should I RMA this drive?
Attachments
Screenshot (157).jpg
Screenshot (157).jpg (411.13 KiB) Viewed 777 times
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: New Seagate FireCuda 530 NVMe now 100+ errors @ 99% health?

Post by hdsentinel »

Generally the SSD wearout (which determines the Health if no real problem is detected) is calculated by the SSD itself based on the actual usage: mostly the total amount of written data and also the "type" of the data/writes are the key factors: updating many smaller files can cause bigger wearout than saving big files.
The power on time and age is not as important: the SSD may internally calculate bigger wearout on the newer drive.
You may check the total TBW value of the specifications and/or consult the SSD manufacturer(s) about the actual how the actual wearout calculated.

Hard Disk Sentinel reads and shows the actual Health % based on this value, exactly to help us to notice the change and prepare for planned replacement when required (of course NOT at 99% level, but probably 50% or lower). No need to worry or concerned at all of course, exactly as you wrote, the Health is still Excellent.

Please check: https://www.hdsentinel.com/kb/category/16/solid-state-drives-ssds/why-my-ssd-shows-98-health-if-no-problems-reported.html
for more information.

> It also has over 250 error log entries of which I cannot find the logs for. Do you know where they might be? (Win11)

Generally the Disk menu -> Device Specific Information designed exactly to read and display the internal error log of the drive (independent from the actual Windows version).

So you may try to open Disk menu -> Device Specific Information to get more details as by this option Hard Disk Sentinel attempts to read the internal error log. But in 99% of the cases this is always empty as (for an unknown reason for me) the NVMe standard allows the drives to automatically empty this list at each power cycles. So usually we have no usable information about the background.

However, these "errors" are usually do not mean real error with the device itself: motherboard BIOS, chipset driver or something else may sometimes cause such errors logged.

If you use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option, it is possible to check the actual status (hardly see on this image) too.