Hard Disk Sentinel software system requirements
- Pentium or compatible CPU
- 64 megabytes of system memory
- 50 megabytes of hard disk space
- One or more hard disk, solid state disk, hybrid drive (SSHD) with
ATA (IDE or Serial ATA/SATA II/SATA 6G), SCSI, SAS, USB, NVMe M.2 interface.
See Hardware compatibility pages for supported hard disk
drives, SSD models, disk and RAID controllers and external hard disks / enclosures / adapters.
Network Attached Storage (NAS) disks can be monitored by extension of NAS functionality (see:
How to: monitor Network Attached Storage (NAS) status for more information).
USB/IEEE 1394 (firewire) enclosures are generally supported, but some (depending on firmware) may not provide complete status information.
- Windows operating system: Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Home Server, Windows 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 both 32 and 64 bit versions (where applicable)
- System administrator account (in service mode, it is possible to use without administrator rights and in service mode, works even without user logged in)
No additional third party packages required: Hard Disk Sentinel does NOT require .NET framework, Java, Visual C/Visual Basic runtime package or similar, so it is ideal to install first after system installation for maximum protection.
Hard Disk Sentinel can run in "safe mode" as well to allow hard disk testing / diagnostics when the system can't run in normal mode.
Note: hard disk controller drivers can also cause incompatibility problems and
this case not all hard disk information may be displayed. For more information, please
check the compatibility page and
to download recommended drivers from the Driver Zone section.
The trial (unregistered) version can be used to verify compatibility and the level of status information could be retrieved.