Hard Disk Sentinel software system requirements
- Pentium or compatible CPU
- 64 megabytes of system memory
- 50 megabytes of hard disk space
- One or more hard disk, solid state disk, hybrid drive (SSHD) with ATA (IDE or Serial ATA/SATA II/SATA 6G), SCSI, SAS, USB, NVMe interface.
See Hardware compatibility pages for supported hard disk drives, SSD models, disk controllers and external hard disks / enclosures / adapters.
Other type of external disks (some IEEE 1394 connections, or used in NAS enclosures and connected via Ethernet) are NOT supported because the hard disk controller chip in the external enclosure does not support the detection of hard disk status (S.M.A.R.T.) information.
- Windows operating system: Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Home Server, Windows 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 both 32 and 64 bit versions (where applicable)
- System administrator account (in service mode, it is possible to use without administrator rights and without even user logged in)
No additional third party packages required: Hard Disk Sentinel does NOT require .NET framework, Java, Visual C/Visual Basic runtime package or similar, so it is ideal to install first after system installation for maximum protection.
Hard Disk Sentinel can run in "safe mode" as well to allow hard disk testing / diagnostics when the system can't run in normal mode.
Note: hard disk controller drivers can also cause incompatibility problems and
this case not all hard disk information may be displayed. For more information, please
check the compatibility page and
to download recommended drivers from the Driver Zone section.